Blog


Interview | Paritosh Sharma, Founder, Sava100Crore

background

DTU Times interviewed Paritosh Sharma, Founder, Sava100Crore and Consulting VP (Growth/Marketing), who was in DTU for a talk session in SPAC '19, organised by IEEE DTU under Invictus 2019.

How exactly did you come up with the term Sava100Crore for your company?

I would say the fundamental inspiration was from our Prime Minister. He uses this term often. I thought that most Indians, irrespective of language barriers, would connect and engage with it and hence we ended up adopting this.

You talked about how the Internet is the cheapest business tool these days. What are the other business tools that are accommodated on the internet itself?

There are tons of such tools that the Internet incorporates, videos being one of the most important ones. They use both audio and visual aids and help to reach out to a lot of people. It depends mostly on the requirements of the business, for example, if it is a small business, there are a lot of SaaS-based options. Every company, starting from Google to Zoho to Freshworks is providing all sorts of assistance that help other companies develop themselves. I feel that technology solves all the problems out there, it just depends on what stage of business and requirement fits the company. Even newsletters and email-marketing, which are majorly untapped, could be utilised to serve our needs. The most important tool, however, is always content. If you tell great stories, people will come to you.

How does Sava100Crore help in establishing a business globally?

It is a fairly simple process. I introduce the customers to the companies on my channel, and then we put out videos on a quarterly basis. None of these videos are market-driven, but instead we try to be genuine and tell people why we transact money with them. This is how we create stories, and this also helps us in conveying our vision to our customers. When you are a small business, a lot depends on the individual conducting the trade. They trust the individual and his vision. The story behind the business becomes more important than the business itself. Our videos are seen everywhere from Canada to Australia and help to put such individualistic companies on the map. Most of our audience is Indian, with almost 65% of our audience being male, and the rest 35% being female.

Why do you think there is such a wide discrepancy in the gender ratio?

Females somehow started coming to our channel just two months ago. I think female entrepreneurship is on the rise, especially in India. We have started curating our content in a way that it does not become solely male-dominated, and such that even my mother would like to see and connect with it. Just around 3 months back, I did a story on Freshworks, and my mother asked me what SaaS was. Somehow, my mother, who has always been a housewife, asking me this made me feel like we were changing the social fabric and culture of this country. All of the hard work that we at Sava100Crore do is targeted to influence the very social structure of our society.

Do you have any content which is specific to only a certain kind of audience?

No, all our content is designed in a way that it reaches out to everyone. Any Indian around the world can watch it and understand how so many entrepreneurs are doing so many amazing things.

Since you have interacted with a lot of small businesses and seen them grow as well, what are the key points which the businesses have to keep in mind before starting out?

I have realized there are 3 things fundamentally: persistence because it gets really tough in the middle and you can lose your game; a grand vision which helps you solve problems that you encounter; and honesty with yourself, your business, and your clients. If you are not honest and are doing things simply for the sake of making money, it won’t work out for you. If you get these three things together, the rest will just fall in place.

How do you think engineering students can help in curating more ideas in such businesses?

I think they have a huge part to play in the growth of this sector. As engineering students, in terms of hardware, software and even design, all of you can be the most powerful from the point of knowledge and consulting. In fact, each one of you could start reaching out to small businesses and help them grow faster.

Posted by Parangat Mittal

@thesciencestudent